Holy cow has it been a frustrating last couple of days!!! I have been in sheer battle to get a refund back from a fraudulant business lady. I thought I blogged about her, but as I searched back through my own archives, it appears I didn’t. I really thought I did..
Back in early February I purchase custom cart cover for husband’s pony meadowbrook. I pay using credit card through Paypal and get told it will be about 6 weeks. In March lady tells me the cover is being cut and should be done by end of month. In April still no cover. She tells me it will ship end of April. In May I finally get the cover 2 days before a show. Cover comes in completely wrong, not measured to the measurements I provided, and does not fit the cart in any way shape or form. I’m very dissappointed, but I contact lady and she says send cover back and she’ll fix. Cover gets sent back and I get no response. Late May she tells me she got it, she made it wrong and she will replace the cover. Early June, I get a sample cutting of material that is RED. Not ORANGE like I had ordered originally. I tell lady I’ve had it with her inability to come through and request a full refund. Lady says she will send a refund. I wait and wait and wait and no refund. Mid June, she tells me she put it in the mail the day before. I wait and wait and no refund. Early July, I never hear back from woman and file dispute with credit card company. Credit card company declines dispute stating emails are not valid business transactions so I have no proof that this woman is a business person or that I’m entitled to a refund.
I have her written statement not once, but THREE TIMES that she was going to issue a refund, and I have her written statement that she made the cart cover incorrectly, and yet I have no refund and now it seems I have no way to get a refund either. She will not return my calls, and I kow the credit bank has tried calling her too.
I have now had to file a police report, a report with the FBI since this is an interstate transaction and falls in to the felony interstate fraud act of the Federal Trade Commision, and I’ve contacted her town’s mayor and local news stations, as well as the Fugly Blog about this lying, incompetent woman.
Maybe I’ll never get my money back, but at least I can make her life hell. I want to know if she’ll avoid the FBI like she’s avoiding me and the credit card company.
STAY AWAY FROM MILAINE ROSSLOW – THE BUGGY LADY (http://www.thebuggylady.com) for all it’s worth. The woman is incompetent and a liar and theif.
She now has my money and my badly created, incorrectly done product, and I seem to have no recourse other than sending the FBI to her door.
Ridiculous! This is ashame.
You know, it has been like hell trying to save my money to buy a horse and trying to find a horse to buy. I cannot seem to tuck away any money, and I cannot find a good horse. Most horse people will give you half-truths or outright lies if they think they’ll tell you what you want to hear to make a buck for themselves. I kind of come to expect this about someone selling a horse… but I don’t expect it from someone running a business selling merchandise. I expect honest business, and something as simple as a refund should not have to turn into a felony investigation.
I have no idea what I’m getting myself in to, but I plan to pursue it to the end of the Earth…… at least I am true to my word. I’ve already had a follow up with the town’s mayor and news station regarding this. It should be out there for people to know that this woman is a fraud and dishonest and disreputable person and shouldn’t be in business.
I am also concerned about Luke. He has been foot sore lately. Just the other week I thought maybe I saw something wrong with him while pulling the cart. I thought it was the right hind leg, but then it was gone so quickly and he looks perfectly normal, I thought maybe I was imagining it. When he got driven on Saturday he was perfect – moving well and did some of the best transitions between gaits that he’s ever given. But then, he stepped out of the arena and into the driveway, which recently had some work done and is now very very rocky and he went dead lame.
He was so lame even my husband saw it. He’s only been driven 3 times in the last 3 weeks. He’ll get the rest of this week off until the vet comes out. Currently the vet is on vacation in Alaska. I’m very concerned about why he’s so lame on the front and if there really was something going on with the back leg, too. This is going to cost an arm a leg- a minimum of $300 to start with the possibility of going up a lot more.
Ugh. I have no idea how I’m going to pay for it, but I think my horse savings will be pretty well blown after the vet comes out.
Which is fine, I guess… it’s not like I have a horse lined up at all.
I was talking to this person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbTgDSK83OE about the horse. He sounds very nice. He’s 14 years old, 16 hands, and has a ton of showing experience. Generally pleasant and fun to ride, not too crazy about trails, but not nuts either. The big drawback is that he’s a thoroughbred.. which is a drawback for me. I’m just not sure a TB will work out for me really.
He’s $2,500 which isn’t unreasonable, but after next week’s vet visit, I think I’ll be back down to no savins, so that might as well be a million.
I’ve been trying to chase down some guy who has all geldings, mostly all draft crosses, that are all quiet and gentle and used for kid’s camps. He has about 60 head and they’ll all be back at his pastureland in late August, when camp ends and school begins. It’s a 3 1/2 hour drive from me, but it could be worth it to go see what he’s got. With that many horses, all of which are highly negotiable in price, it would be well worth it to take a drive up there.
Which gives me time to recollect my savings that I’ll be spending on Luke’s lameness…. but ultimately, I guess I really cannot afford a horse, so I really can’t ride.
I did find a woman who is wanting to get someone to come out and put some rides in on her Clydesdale. After talking to her though, I think there’s some kind of reason for his actions that has more to do with just not being ridden. She said he has ringbone and that she retired him for 2 years. Now she’s trying to ride him again and he rode well for several lessons and now starts bucking.
She says she’s run him through the mill as far as exams and medical needs and all that, but that’s she’s scared to ride him because she can only get out once a week and now he’s acting poorly. She just think he needs more riding time, but after dealing with bucking bronco Tate, who was suffering from navicular and ringbone for years, I think there’s more to it than that. I think if the horse came back from 2 years off and rode fine a half dozen times it’s just because he was feeling good, but now that he’s going a little and he’s in an arena and being made to work, he’s in pain and is bucking because of it. I don’t think that’s something that can be worked through. Sounds like he may need some more help or retirement – again.
I also found a girl looking for someone to show her horse in some upcoming hunter shows for the experience. But he’s only 14.1 and I think I’d look ridiculous on that size pony. It could have been a good opportunity, and if he was 15.1 maybe I would have went out to see him, but at that size… unless I ride Western with a lot of padding underneath, I don’t think I’d look right at all.
So for now, my horse search is on hiatus (again) and Luke’s work regime is on hiatus, too… my budget is about to be totally blown and I’m fighting tooth and nail with a fraudulent business woman.
How’s that for irritating??
Have a great day!